To enforce the constitutional right to vote, to confer jurisdiction upon the district courts of the United States to provide injunctive relief against discrimination in public accommodations, to authorize the Attorney General to institute suits to protect constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, to extend the Commission on Civil Rights, to prevent discrimination in federally assisted programs, to establish a Commission on Equal Employment Opportunity, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That this Act may be cited as the "Civil Rights Act of 1964".
- Title 1 - Voting Rights
- Title 2 - Injunctive Relief Against Discrimination In Places of Public Accommodation
- Title 3 - Desegregation of Public Facilities
- Title 4 - Desegregation of Public Education Definitions
- Title 5 - Commission on Civil Rights
- Title 6 - Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs
- Title 7 - Equal Employment Opportunity Definitions
- Title 8 - Registration and Voting Statistics
- Title 9 - Intervention and Procedure After Removal in Civil Rights Cases
- Title 10 - Establishment of Community Relations Service
- Title 11 - Miscellaneous